I hate when people try to shame the LGBT community. All love should matter and be accepted. Even with the laws created, people still try to dismiss the LGBT community. Then people try to be hypocrites and bring religion into the picture to excuse their homophobia. So now we can cut the bullshit, because I have some research to support my argument!
For all you Christians and holy people who like to bring God into this and enjoy telling people of the LGBT community that they will "go to hell for sinning," guess what? I have read the bible too! So let's break out the book!
God made 10 commandments, which are listed in Exodus 20:2-17:
1. "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me."
2. "You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments."
3. "You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain."
4. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it."
5. "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you."
6. "You shall not murder."
7. "You shall not commit adultery."
8. "You shall not steal."
9. "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."
10. "You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s."
Secondly, there is a list of the seven most deadly sins, which are:
Lust – to have an intense desire or need: “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28).
Gluttony – excess in eating and drinking: “for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags” (Proverbs 23:21).
Greed - excessive or reprehensible acquisitiveness: “Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more” (Ephesians 4:19).
Laziness – disinclined to activity or exertion: not energetic or vigorous: “The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns, but the path of the upright is a highway” (Proverbs 15:19).
Wrath – strong vengeful anger or indignation: “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger” (Proverbs 15:1)
Envy – painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage: “Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation” (1 Peter 2:1-2).
Pride - quality or state of being proud – inordinate self esteem: “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall” (Proverbs 16:18).
Notice how NONE of the commandments or the seven deadly sins mention ANYTHING about being gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender. And PLEASE don't throw the Sodom and Gomorrah bible story out there to prove a point because that won't work! First of all if anyone is as educated and religious as they try to act, then they would know that Sodom and Gomorrah wasn't destroyed just because of homosexuality.
The two cities were destroyed because of its excessive wickedness! Ezekiel 16:49-50 declares, "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me..."
The people of the cities committed rape, had anal and oral sex with animals, plus more! Both cities surrendered themselves to sexual immortality and preservation! So no, God did not destroy the two cities mainly for homosexuality!
You can't help who you love! It's been scientifically proven that people can be born gay. It's has been proven that women can be born with more testosterone, which makes them masculine, and a man can be born with under exposure to testosterone, making them feminine. The number of chromosomes we are born with also effect our sexual orientation.You can't change how a person feels or how that person is born.
And if God really was against homosexuality as people make it seem, there would be plenty more cities burned in sulfur by now. So do your homework before you try to involve the Holy Bible! Love is love, let these people live. And before you try to shame the LGBT community, think about the sins YOU committed and could possibly be damned for before you try to point out anyone else's!
And if God himself actually does considers homosexuality wrong, then it's no better than any other sins. No sin is greater than the other, we all have our own dirt, including the ones who mainly try to attack the LGBT people.